The real importance of reading is that it creates an ease and intimacy with the process of writing. – Stephen King, On Writing.
I was bowled over when I received a message from fellow blogger, Book Bimbo, that she had nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Her blog is lovely, clever, and did I mention that it’s for a charitable purpose? That’s right, go on and check it out.
The You Are My Sunshine Award is given to blogs that brighten one’s day. Seeing as how it is cloudy and drizzly here, this nomination was a wonderful surprise.
Stories move me. They always have, and they always will. Thanks to the many bloggers whose stories I have read and have read mine in return. Your posts have inspired me, challenged me, and made me think of worlds outside my own. Cheers to you!
Now, I need to make sure that I have complied with all the rules of the Sunshine Award because I don’t want to cause a rift in the space-time continuum. Post picture of award. Check. Answer 10 personal questions about myself. Here we go.
1. Favorite color– To wear? Probably black. And pink. 🙂
2. Favorite animal– Real animals? Tigers. Mythical animals? Dragons.
3. Favorite number– 7
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink– Pellegrino and guava juice.
5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter– Facebook.
6. My passion– You mean other than reading books? I have always felt strongly about protecting the defenseless in our society. More specifically, children and the elderly. I hate, hate, HATE, the fact that these two populations are constantly preyed on by the vicious, the evil, and the unscrupulous.
7. Prefer Giving or Getting presents– Giving! But I must say that I love getting presents from Mr. Literary Tiger and the kidlets.
8. Favorite pattern– Ummm. . .. not sure. I do like argyle and tartan patterns.
9. Favorite day of the week– Saturday
10. Favorite flower– Peonies.
I’d nominate all of you, if I could, but here are ten. Mosey on over and take a gander, why don’t you?
9. Lea at Sea
10. Ann Stanley
Read on warrior, read on.