Ahem. Ahemmmmm. Sorry about the throat clearing. It’s allergy season you see. There’s a lot of runny noses and sneezing in my house. Last week, I thought my eyes had finally gone bad what with all the itching and swelling. Next, one starts to see things– like blog awards? But no, I had, in fact been nominated for the . . . . drum roll please . . . Versatile Blogger Award. Well, you coulda knocked me over with a feather.
The rules are (1) paste the picture of the Versatile Blogger Award on post; (2) share seven random facts about myself; and (3) nominate 5 other blogs and let them know about it.
~~~~RANDOM FACTS ~~~~
1. I didn’t see any of the Star Wars films until I was in my 20s and that was only because Mr. Literary Tiger made me watch them. Only then did he ask me to marry him.
2. Lately, my favorite dessert is a sliced avocado drizzled with honey and sprinkled with goat cheese.
3. I like watching Rambo: First Blood.
5. The children’s literary classic that I never finished because I thought it was boring as hell: Heidi by Johanna Spyri.
6. I can play the Godfather theme song on the piano.
7. I wish I had a British accent.
I’ve chosen the following 5 blogs because I visit them pretty regularly, but I don’t think I have actually mentioned them on previous blog awards posts. These blogs are informative, fun, humorous and touching. I hope you’ll pay them a visit.
Badmedezn — I’m a novice photographer so I enjoy looking at other photography blogs. What I really like about this blog are the photo shoots of regular women. Mr. Shillingburg has a knack of highlighting each woman’s unique beauty. It’s so inspiring. One day, if I ever get up the courage to do a shoot like that, I hope to find a similar photographer.
Read You Bastard — Isn’t the title enough? Well, I enjoy this blog because I always learn something, and the reviews are unique and thought-provoking.
Dysfunctional Literacy — Because we all need a little dysfunction now and then, right? I enjoy reading this blogger’s take on pop culture and current events. Practical advice is also offered in case you were looking for something along the lines of what not to do on a job. (Hint: Don’t hire a prostitute if you work for the Secret Service).
Cricket Muse — Oops, I almost forgot this lovely blog about reading and writing. CricketMuse covers children’s books, diet books, movies and other topics like “Mom-isms.” I love the range of topics.
Thanks for reading and visiting.