Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
I should probably take extra care if I’m reading something like the National Enquirer so my medical records (or the coroner report) doesn’t say something like “tripped and died while reading trashy tabloid.”
It would also be nice if I looked as awesome reading as the girl in the picture. I tend to hunch over when I read, so I probably look more like Quasimodo. Maybe I need to buy some stockings to go with my pumps, find a random doorstep and start reading.
Anyway, if I had to be caught dead reading something, here is my list:
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas – Everyone seems to like this Dumas guy, but I’ve never read this swashbuckling adventure.
- The Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck – If I had to read anything by Steinbeck, I want to say that I’ve read this one.
- War and Peace by Tolstoy – This would definitely make me look good, but it might also look like I died from boredom.
- A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens – only because I think the last line of the book is a tear jerker.
- Poetry by Lord Byron – cause I’m a romantic at heart.
- Watership Down by Adams – Because it’s about bunnies who overcome lots of adversity to start a warren of their own. Totally cute, insightful and moving.
- My Antonia by Cather – It’s not fast paced or exciting, but it captures your heart. The writing is beautiful in its simplicity.
I’m sure I have more, but that’s all I can think of for now.
How about you? What book would like to have in your hand if you expired? (If that’s not too morbid of a question).
Acknowledgements and Attributions
The image Reading is Sexy is courtesy of Super Furry Librarian via Flickr and used under Creative Commons License Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0).